The most gorgeous human in my life

Here's a toast to my mum. Without whom, I doubt I would be at this point in my life right now. I wouldn't have boarded the flight that took me to this obscenely amazing world I am galavanting in, I wouldn't be experiencing the freedom of travel, nor grasping the opportunities of my not too distant future here.

She has been pretty much everything to me, going above and beyond and never once slacking off as a mother, a father, a daughter, a sister, of as my friend. 
The littlest, stupidest things that I have trouble with, she is there to help out, dropping anything and everything. Though more importantly, she teaches me the value of independence through letting me tackle my own troubles and making my own experiences, and keeping me involved with her own experiences, so that I may learn from her mistakes, and her triumphs.

There is nothing I ever keep from her (so if you've ever wronged me, you're on her list, mate; and if you've been a wonderful existence in my life, she is forever grateful) because of the mutual respect we have for each other, and it is a returned favour when she shares her hopes, dreams, concerns, fears and achievements with me.

She's fierce but kindhearted, strong, humble, courageous, limitless, lively, smart, witty, excellent at puns, crazy, unstoppable, and god damn special. And I really hope that life treats her the same way that she treats everyone else: with infinite kindness.

When I was little and first learning to talk, mum would ask me "do you want to see something special?", then pick me up and hold me in front of the mirror, pointing at me. In times of feelings of uselessness, I turn back to that memory and I become invincible. And now it's her turn, because, as you can tell, my mum is "something special". 






Popular Posts

Image

Southbound