Berlin, you know what I'm sayin?

Oh hell no.

This place is actually too good. A change of place brought a change of weather, atmosphere and mood.  The sun is out, and so is the white, blindingly reflective skin of countless generations of Germans and tourists alike.

Yes I'm one of them.

I arrived late last night and decided that "YES OF COURSE I SHOULD BE DOING MY LAUNDRY AT 1AM IN THE MORNING BECAUSE YOU'VE GOT TO SIEZE THE DAY AND HOW CAN YOU SIEZE THE DAY IF YOU'RE DOING YOUR WASHING IN THE DAY TIME?" That said, I stayed up till 3 am washing and then slept in pretty late (though 9am sleep in is still actually quite early considering my dorm mates got in at 7:30am from partying....).

My hostel is right smack bang next to the East Side Gallery (for all you dumb shits that don't know what that means, it's the remaining pieces of the Berlin Wall with the murals painted originally in 1990 and then redone in 2009. I joke about you being dumb shits (unless, of course, you are self-professed dumb shits. In that case, carry on.)

Ruth Hodge, master of digression. (MoD)

Again ^ I am ridiculous.

Getting back to the story, I wandered along the wall, taking some arty photos (as you do, sick Juan), then bought myself some fresh blueberries and a banana and went and laid down on the green grass on the West side of the wall overlooking the Spree and listening to some drummer play his djembe in the distance. Like the rest of the world there, I fell asleep. And got a bit sunburnt.

NOT WEARING A JUMPER TODAY HOWZAT! It is a whopping 19 degrees Celsius and I feel more hot than I've ever been in my entire life. Just shows how much colder it is generally in Europe.

I am now sitting in a café in Rosenthaler Platz called "St. Oberholz" which is apparently renowned for it's customer base being a whole tribe of mac users. Well, let's just say that I have ticked that off my bucket list, because here I am with my mac out in the sun looking onto the street, typing away ecstatically due to this ridiculously good mood I am in.

I am so happy that in September I will be a resident of Europe and I can just scream YOLO from my apartment in Montmartre and run out the door with hand luggage for a weekend away in Berlin if I so desire.

Popular Posts

Image

Southbound