Reasons why I am happy


1. Coming home has allowed me to reset. I've been rushing rushing rushing for the last two months with the excitement and endless opportunity-seizing of travelling, and I've had little time to spend time actually resting. My mum and I cook hearty, healthy meals for each other, always making cheeky trips to Coles bear foot to stock up on something we've completely demolished the stock of (bananas take a beating in our household), and surprising each other with cute little messages around the house. It's good to have my own space again, even if it is only temporary.

2. The company I am keeping - again, my mum. She's ridiculous fun. I also have caught up with my granny on a number of occasions, and she's been so generous with her love, time and also financially. I am also looking forward to a couple of my closer friends being in Port Macquarie for some well-needed catch up time. A coffee date on a lazy Saturday afternoon over looking the beach, and mid-week sunset walks and skate park visits are most definitely on the agenda.

3. Food, food, glorious food. Travelling is really hard on the whole "eating well" notion. It's a universal truth. So, upon coming home I have been able to practically live in my kitchen, the supermarket, and my favourite health food shop. I have been making wondrous delights for the belly that are healthy and delicious and most importantly make me feel happy and like I am in control of something whilst the rest of my life crazily forms itself as if it is matter floating aimlessly after the big bang.

4. The coffee I had today was made by my all-time favourite barista, Greg. Ever since Coffee On William St, then Crema and now The Block, he has never ceased to make the perfect brew. And his quirky friendliness to my mum and I has always been appreciated. The perfectly-steamed milk in my soy latte had me the happiest girl in the world on a pathetically rainy day. 

5. The future. Summer travels in Europe, moving into my very own apartment in Paris, receiving the all-ok for a scholarship today (above photo was my exact reaction, caught on camera by my mother who was standing by for such photographic opportunities), university and living in the city of lights for 5 months and this refreshing feeling of life finally going completely my way.

Popular Posts

Image

Southbound