Why today was just so darn beautiful.

It all actually started with yesterday evening. I rocked up home from work around 5pm and didn't even manage to take my docs off before being asleep in bed minutes later. When I finally woke up this morning, the day was overcast and the wind blew and I just new today was a day to get creative and slow things down - a day to let my mind roam more than my legs. 

I paraded around the house in a pair of knickers, making a delicious smoothie for myself before chucking some washing out on the line, and with the house clean and my to-do list wiped clean, the rest of the day was for play. I had in my mind the idea of grabbing the newest Frankie magazine from Blackbird Corner on Darby Street and settling down into a small cafe somewhere and just reading and sipping and reading some more. First hiccup of the day - Blackbird Corner was closed ! But being the gorgeous people they are, I discussed with them via Instagram my disappointment in myself for not remembering how they closed each and every Monday and bless their hearts, they responded by saying they'd leave a copy for me at Ramjet down the road. Jake and I popped open our brollies and wandered up to Ramjet to giggle about my little self-imposed conundrum, the sweetie that owns the joint agreeing wholeheartedly with my emotions ("I DON'T CARE THAT YOU'RE CLOSED I WANT TO READ FRANKIE ON MY DAY OFF GOD DAMMIT!") as she handed me the magazine. I was so grateful of both Blackbird Corner and Ramjet for solving this first world problem dilemma I had gotten myself into. 

We decided to grab a coffee and sit quietly in the window seat at Glee Coffee Roasters where we pondered what we'd do with such a wet day. On our way there, John, who is always found scratching at a little guitar asking people if they have "any change, love?". Today I had no change, but I did have a change of heart: I replied back to him "I have no change, John, but would you like a coffee or something to drink?" His face lit up. "A hot chocolate would be nice?" It felt good to be able to make his day a little bit special. It just added to the perfect day I was continuing to have.

We suddenly decided that going to Spotlight and Salvos on Hunter Street was the best way to waste away the day and suddenly all these creative ideas for our home started popping into our minds. Hanging herb baskets made from glass jars and woven straps, furniture shopping and general interior design ideas. It got pretty serious pretty quickly: Jake sat opposite a little green desk for about 20 minutes contemplating it whilst I took various photos of him in deep thought from different angles. 

Now I sit here, Grizzly Bear playing, the clothes dryer whirring in the background and producing warmth throughout the house, and the muffled chatter of my housemate with a friend he has over, and I've just hung about letting all these warming sensations hug me tightly as the season grows cooler. We're sipping green tea and talking about our little community and how special a day we've had and it's just really nice and I'd like to thank all the people and places that have made this day off special.













"There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way." - Buddha

Popular Posts

Image

Southbound