To All of You

To all the libraries I will sit in quietly and alone just prior to closing time:
Thank you for your ghastly LED lighting that twitches effervescently.

To all the boards of wood that creek upon sunset by the boats of hometowns past:
Thank you for giving me perimeters to my steps forward.

To all the white garments I've worn to Italian restaurants on Cheap Tuesday nights:
Thank you for letting me choose you even though we both knew you'd be bound for a tub of napisan later.

To all the chocolate chips in the packet in the cupboard that went "missing" between purchasing and bake day:
Thank you for not telling mum.

To all the future moments of hand touching hand:
Thank you. I will honour you as a gift of God, perhaps the most intimate and soul-bearing.

To all the decaf soy cappuccinos I will hold tightly in my hands:
Thank you for bringing warmth to my phalanges and a hug to my insides on days when human assurance just isn't enough.

To all the Peach Ginger Kombucha drinks I've sculled in my lifetime:
Thank you for being the aaaaaaabsolute bomb diggity and continuing to be an inside joke for my work bestie.

To all the early morning paw taps from my cat for attention and possibly food:
Thank you for reminding me I'm not alone. Nor obsolete.

To all the limbs on my body:
Thank you for standing me upright, holding me, loving me.

To all the limbs on my future husband's body:
Thank you for keeping to your side of the bed. The end.

Popular Posts

Image

Southbound