The adventure awaits

We were known for our adventures. I would lead you home in the rain, other nights on bike rides, mornings drawing you out to the sunrise dripping across the ocean. Pulling you out to sea, dragging you onto planes. Coaxing you overseas. Dancing with you across mountain tops and country borders. Wiggle ahead of you in the chocolate aisle with a cheeky grin on my face. 

But an adventure came along one day and a change happened - it was one where you weren't willing to take the plunge, to discover. And I understood entirely, but I could not turn away from the new direction. Neck out I began to lead yet you timidly held back, the anxiety of the unknown and a building up of distrust apparent in the sweat in your palm that finally caused a loose grip and an eventual sayonara. 

But you see, with me, I am now on the adventure of a lifetime - an eternal one that starts now and the cliffs are jagged, the road narrow, the dogs loose and the vultures soaring above but oh the sweet drifting smell of thyme atop the hill where I will finally make it. The views endless and endlessly wonderful. And the company enormously and inescapably soaked in love.

And you know there's still time for you to discover that view. To discover the God in heaven that allowed us to be. To meet Him face to face and this time to grab onto His hand rather than mine. 

I pray it often. I want to see that enraptured smile slap itself across your face. Where fear disappears and wonder has you soaring.

I pray it often.

You are loved by us.

Popular Posts

Image

Southbound