I am enjoying my own space.

God how good it feels to be back in the kitchen (coming from an independent woman who don't need no man - what?!?). A chance to strip down the culinary experience (and I don't mean cooking in the nude, though I won't deny it's an ongoing habit of mine now that I have my very own four walls), and get back to the basics of food - enjoying the process perhaps even more so than the indulgence of it. For once I am not eating bread every day (hello Europe yes I'm talking to you, you carbo wrench) but enjoying almost every meal at home (or at least home-prepared - who doesn't love a cheeky picnic at the Champs de Mars?).

Cooking is my escape from 1) the Internet, 2) homework, 3) housework, 4) exercise, 5) most if not any life responsibility, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am always creating foods that are healthy and well balanced but feel like a complete indulgence every single meal. And why not? I am in Paris after all. Food is life here and oh Lord am I enjoying that fact.

Ps yes I do enjoy my weekly treat (who are we kidding it's pretty much three-seventy times a week) of the old croissant, brioche, creme brûlée, macaron and chocolat chaud. But I'm waiting for a nice reason to share some chèvre briquette and vin with friends so the guilt of eating the equivalent of a large farm animal doesn't send me flying into total remorse (remorse as big as a horse DID I GO TOO FAR YEP HEY HOW ARE YA?).

Carrot and sweet potato chilli soup with ryvita shards and bean spread.


Pancakes made from egg and banana with maple syrup, dedicated coconut and a pistachio, almond and date dukkah courtesy of Kenkō Kitchen's figue cheesecake recipe. 

^ Just accidentally spelled "fig" in French. Who am I.

Popular Posts

Image

Southbound