Friday at Lafayette

The thought of living here in Paris has really begun to sink in, though I am still in a bit of a limbo without having my classes starting yet. Also it's this darn, sudden change in weather. I'm talking the type of rain that is barely there but is enough to warrant all-day sleep ins and television show marathons (at least I'm telling myself that). So, yesterday I convinced myself that I had to go for a coffee. I mean, that used to be my daily routine! How did I ever live without coffee. I'm sure I did. I have been recently anyway.

So I chucked on a new pair of black jeans and a collared blouse and drowned it all in my big camel coat and stepped out into the pissy rain, walking through the Butte Montmartre up behind the Basilica and down around through to Rue Lepic (famous for it's different epiceries and of course Café des Deux Moulins) before I wandered back through to Pigalle where I was reunited with Kooka Boora Caféshop where I tucked into an organic cacao slice and my best friend - the latte.  I was served by a fellow Aussie from Sydney who was, like me, bumbling through life and changing plans constantly (how I ever ended up studying in Paris is beyond me) and inspired me to be happy about my situation and just take it slow and easy like I had been without too much worry on what I was going to do or who I was going to meet.

After my coffee I braved the weather once more and ended up at Boulevard Lafayette and Boulevard Haussmann again, but slowly wandered around the 9 levels of gorgeous shopping experience - stopping halfway up for a macaron (or two!) at Ladurée (pistachio and salted caramel will always be my best friends) and continuing up to the top level of Printemps where I wandered outside to breathe in some fresh air and take in the wondrous, spiralling and nonsensical view of the streets and buildings below. Paris' architecture is wonderfully in sync yet totally out of order and it seems to be a reflection of the lives of the people that live here.





Friday at Lafayette


Popular Posts

Image

Southbound