Night Markets feat. dergs. So many dergs.

Seeing your own world in a different light is almost always worth it. Whilst I may on occasion go out for dinner, there is rarely anything I do out of home after dark, especially with the recent winter winds our little city has been receiving.

But tonight the air was calm, the night was cool but not cold, and the pay from the fortnight previous had arrived, which meant one thing: going out to celebrate ! Jake and I took Brum, my new little car, over to the island to pick up a friend and then parked halfway up the hill from where we rolled down into the Newcastle City Night Markets along Hunter Street Mall. Some of the shops themselves were open like The Lair, Radstore and Nook Store, and there was a few little stalls along selling craftwork.

But the real money, the big bucks, were spent on the food. Argentinian BBQ, French Crêpes, German Goulash, Tibetan Treats... whilst I was happy to browse this first go, Jake tucked into an Argentinian sausage which Woody, the resident pooch at The Lair, hinted insistently that Jake share his meal. His face in the photo below.

I stood from above over the foot bridge watching people slowly move in tune with the wafting scents of international feasts scattered below. It was a different sort of person out - lots of young people in their twenties who I had never seen before. The markets attracted a new crowd which I was pleased to see. Still, it had a simple, easygoing vibe and everyone was, shall I say, "jolly".

My favourite part was the sheer amount of dogs on display. All of which were highly disappointed and confused by their owners for denying sweet, sweet pleasure in ravaging a german sausage or seven.

I felt the same way, dergs. I felt the same way.

 photo IMG_5545_zpsa968898a.jpg

 photo IMG_5546_zps2eb3b3bd.jpg

 photo IMG_5548_zps76d97ff7.jpg

 photo IMG_5551_zps112aa8bd.jpg

 photo IMG_5556_zpsc83757d4.jpg

 photo IMG_5557_zps08ad6f79.jpg

 photo IMG_5563_zps88b0d8e2.jpg

 photo IMG_5564_zps1cab5d36.jpg

 photo IMG_5566_zpsc6674fc5.jpg

 photo IMG_5568_zpsc434a266.jpg

Popular Posts

Image

Southbound