A little truth for ya

I've had one of those hectic weeks where your brain functions so brilliantly and with such clarity that it, in turn, becomes actually quite confused. So much excitement and innovation-inspired noise in my head that keeps the cogs spinning inside late into the night and from early in the morning.

I don't know if it's just the people I am spending time with, or the new exciting ideas we have that are enriching our lives in minor or major ways, but I am loving it. From developing a new blog website that shares love for novocastrian individuals and communities, to helping a friend with bringing to life a new 80s-90s inspired dance class, to friday night talk sessions with a new group of people I am vastly inspired by, to walking before the sun rises on my own and taking in the beauty of a world and new day yet to be touched by the busy and frantic mess of a plethora of other souls - these things, these crazy, great, yet simple and basic things that promote joy and wellbeing, are doing me a whole lot of good.

What I am learning is this: talk. Talk to your neighbour. Talk to your friend's mum. Talk to the little old lady who unbeknownst to her is parking in a No Stopping zone to free her from a potential parking ticket. Talk to your granny and ask her how her garden is going. Talk to your housemates and see if they've got dinner sorted yet or if you can cook for them. Talk to friends and family far away to get a taste of the world in which they're living. Talk to your brand spanking new hairdresser who just so happens to kick ass at hair cuts and also gives you a trim for a measly ten bones.

If we talk, we open opportunities instantly. I saved money on a hair cut. I had dinner ready for me without having to open the pantry. I met a good friend's mum and ended up getting a tattoo with her (hey mum sorry mum not sorry mum). As selfish as this seems, opening up opportunities for ourselves, what it really promotes is trust, loyalty, honesty and incoming and outgoing kindness which has no bounds, and I believe we, as lost individuals in this messy, busy world, need to aspire to embracing more often. To not merely survive and make the bill repayments, but to live and inspire living in others.

Call your sick friend, invite people you've met in the last week out or around for a beer, stay after that yoga class to learn about your teacher and fellow classmates' experience with their own wellbeing. By sharing communally, we gain more than if we just take. Ain't that the truth.

Popular Posts

Image

Southbound