The five senses accompanied with film photography.

I've been dabbling in the use of my new Canon DSLR and trying to ignore the urge to use my old Canon film SLR just to teach myself the ways of the future (or I guess, the present) but that beautiful 50mm f/1.8 prime lens and point-and-shoot ease on the oldie keeps me coming back for more.

The lens just captures things the way they are. There's no zooming at all. Where you're standing and can see is what the camera can see. If you want a close up, you've got to break the invisible wall and submerge yourself into the moment. And this feeling excites and humours me.

I went to Big W today to develop some relatively old (and some very new!) rolls of film and was reunited with my love for the analogue.

Photographs taken in Port Macquarie.




Popular Posts

Image

Southbound