Gratitude




“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” — Melody Beattie

Right now I am alive. Breathing. Sitting across from a very important man in my life, working away with fingers equipped with the ability to type and an education behind me which has enabled me to utilise such an ability. In my ears are headphones that transport beautiful music from my phone to my soul. I am inside, warmed by the heating of the library in which we sit whilst it is cold and bleak outside. I’m a little bit peckish, but the promise of dinner later is enough to make me grateful that I have that promise at all. I’ve got the internet to do research for university and for my search of truth in my life. I have books beside me that I can bury myself into and that encourage my mind to grow, blossom, and disseminate that encouragement elsewhere. 

I am thankful for this entire circumstance I am right now residing in. Every part of it. I am thankful to other people, to myself, and most importantly, to God. Without him, nothing is possible. 

1 Thessalonians 5:16 - Give thanks in all circumstances.

Popular Posts

Image

Southbound