Being Back

I'm back in Newcastle, what I consider to be a truly great place in its sincerity and in its humility. There are no bells, just honest good times and some fantastic people living with you through them.

Not to say I haven't made some improvements. Paris has really raised the bar on my expectations for the way I live my life - for one, being close to the excitement, but being able to escape. No longer to I live away from the beach and yet I'm still in the city. Right beside the coolest bars and restaurants and cafés of the area, moments away from other friends, and right amongst this feeling of the good life. You're close to everything, which liberates you. 

Though I'm not sure whether it's a good thing, there is a bottle shop right next door, and clubs not even a km away (though "clubs" is a bit of an overstatement - but we'll leave Newcastle all the time in the world to figure that one out). I can get rowdy or chill out and there is not one restriction.

Ah yes, the coffee. I lived moments away from one of Paris' best coffee roasters and cafés and it goes the same for here - Glee Coffee Roasters on Darby Street is a 1 minute walk away, and an early morning hit before I head elsewhere for the rest of my day is accompanied by sweet, friendly people. English speaking people. People who want to talk ! And it's not too expensive either for something that enjoyable. 

I've got my job back, and a year of from University after receiving the marks back for all my classes in Paris - all passed! which means I can graduate. It's nice to see life coming along, all the while knowing I can slow things down or pause in order to even further progress. I think all the travelling around I did last year showed me how young I am and how much more rewarding it is to enjoy life even if it is simple and uncomplicated by the rush for career or settling down. You do things in your own time, as long as your aim is to in some way progress forward. 










Popular Posts

Image

Southbound