Musique de la saison

Take yourself aside for a moment and turn your ears to some new tunes. I fall in and out of love with music discovery but really, nothing beats finding out about a new artist, band or album that excited and reinvigorates your love for music. For me, the recent discovery of Volcano Choir's Repave was the perfect selection to ease me into the upcoming winter. I always find that my favourite music comes from the cooler months of the year. This time I got to experience that twice - as the cooler months of Autumn and Winter in Australia welcomed my return back in May, I knew that only two months later would I be again in the heat of summer back in Italy and Croatia so I dug my feet deep into the warmth of woolly socks and cozy blanketed beds with the hot water bottle that somehow escaped from the clutch of your arms down to the end where you tuck your sheets in. 

The turn of seasons from Summer to Autumn always reminds me of the first year away from home in Newcastle where I was discovering the city, the people, the music and the lifestyle. The XX had just released their debut and I stumbled across a little gem Firekites who, fittingly, had a song called "Autumn Story". The gentle hums of Angus & Julia Stone's second album Down The Way and Grizzly Bear played on repeat in my iTunes library and everything reminded me of drizzly rainy days and preparing for hibernation.


So, without further ado, I give you my new favourites aptly titled "Falling Into Fall":

The Paper Kites - States (2013)


Vondelpark - Seabed (2013)


The Cave Singers - No Witch (2011)


Cataldo - Prison Boxing (2011)


A Grave With No Name - Whirlpool (2013)


POLIÇA - Give You The Ghost (2012) 


Beach House - Bloom (2012) & Teen Dream (2009)




The XX - Coexist (2012)


Volcano Choir - Repave (2013)




And if I'm honest, they're all good for any time of year, really. If you want to spend a day in side chilling out, they just work. Or an evening with the lights dimmed and an endless bowl of spaghetti to yourself ? You're set with this set.







Popular Posts

Image

Southbound