Partying till we split in Split


I don't know how, but after dreading the idea of going out ("no money wah wah"), I ended up having a pretty crazy but cute and happy night. I don't know what it is about this year but I always end up on a dance floor sharing the talents God gave me. Mostly blind drunk. But je ne regrette rien.

We went to Café Libar and ordered a vegetarian pizza and burger, accompanied by two of the nicest mojitos we'd ever had. that brown sugar was happiness in the way I had never experienced. And then, we went for two more mojitos at the peristyle in diocletians palace, and watched a fire twirling performance on the stone steps. The whole atmosphere was so chilled and warm and everyone was just in the same element, in sync with one another.
"Charlie's bar?" I said to Josh, sipping the rest of my mojito the way annoying children do. We drowned our throats in the leftovers and bounded down some alley ways until we came to a halt at Charlie's and stepped inside. Our favourite barmaids were there - and Alex too! Good music was playing, the shots were cheap and we were quickly putting together dance routines to all our favourite jams. By some divine interruption we ended up outside down by the promenade watching the fireworks (it was Croatia's day of liberation as a renewed country) where josh proudly announced "I GOT PHOTOS". Well, some passing American girls heard him and imitated him in an even more pronounced accent, and from there we ended back at Charlie's bar with these two quirky American chicks from RichMONDDDDDD Virginia, dancing, doing shots and then piss bolting around the whole split marina to various beach clubs and bars all bloody night. It was at the first club I finally found my true calling - it was full frontal dancing time. Booty shaking, shimmying, and that weird dance from tumblr that goes something like this:

Josh got hassled by some Croatian guys for being gay (me: HE'S GAY HE'S GAY! *notices what's going on when josh says "SHUTUP THEY WANT TO BREAK MY FINGERS"* ONLY JOKING HE'S MAH BOO *kisses cheek, takes by arm and speeds off cheekily*) and then I got hugged by a fellow Aussie from Sydney  who thanked me profusely for the wonder and bewilderment plastered all over all the faces of the men and women surrounding me. It was the next day that he saw me in the street and said "HEY NEWCASTLE". I also saw other people that I had been dancing with and the recognition was (un)fortunately mutual. We took that day easy with a late afternoon walk up marjan hill, with a view over the town and delicious refreshing ice blended coffee. 



Here are some of the semi-bearable quality photos from our stay in Krka for the day.

 photo IMG_4293.jpg

 photo IMG_4295.jpg

 photo IMG_4297.jpg

 photo IMG_4298.jpg

 photo IMG_4301.jpg

 photo IMG_4303.jpg

 photo IMG_4309.jpg

 photo IMG_4310.jpg

 photo IMG_4312.jpg

 photo IMG_4316.jpg

 photo IMG_4320.jpg

 photo IMG_4324.jpg

 photo IMG_4326.jpg

Popular Posts

Image

Southbound