All the Paradoxes

There is this state
Where I'm awake
Yet asleep
Where I'm a slave to my bed
Yet a slave to freedom from it
Where I am hungry
Yet the thought of eating
Eats me.

This state pushes me
Out the door
Into the busyness of nothing
And it aches
As I delight in whatever I can.

I fear
Opening the floodgates
Of any scenario,
Lest the first seconds of novelty
Of happiness
Dissipate into a wreckage 
Of brute force
Due to my mind's tendencies to think
About this state.

And so whilst I'm tiptoeing 
I realise I should be bounding
And when I bound
I am thrown into the belief I should tiptoe
And so this state
This state it irks me 
To the point where I am irked
By myself.

The thoughts of my mind 
Bound
Tiptoe
In dissonance 
In defiance
Of one another.

But I'm okay.

I'm okay.

There's a new wind of omnipotence
Whirring inside me
As I deny me
And I take up this new me
With the shackles being loosened
From my body
As I become free.

I fight with myself
Every day
In every way
Because that is our condition
We've got two separate missions
The one we think is for us
Yet against us
And the other we think being against us
Is for us.
Because if it is for us
Who can be against us?

All of this personal fuss
A battle for truth and trust
And want and 
Must
But like a gust
of that contemporaneous wind
That breath of fresh air
From where we get our breath
It is the only must
The only one to trust
And reduces all fuss
to nothing.

And that's something.

Popular Posts

Image

Southbound