2300

The busyness of being back at work has not deterred me from taking part in little moments of adventure. This weekend alone, I have already filled my quota of happiness and it's only Saturday afternoon.

After the week finished at work, I rushed home excited to have friends over for beer, meat, and laughs. I thought I'd do some cheeky last minute grocery shopping at Aldi down the road and I was at the register paying when I came to realise my credit card had stopped working. 45 minutes later, Jakes shows up to save the day. You know you're in the shit when you can't pay for your groceries at ALDI...

Everyone came around and there was a shit tonne of meat and salad and potatoes and alcohol. Let's just say we never made it to the night markets... 

Saturday was the perfect day off. Bec and I met at a corner and walked together to Saluna cafĂ© on King Street for coffee and catch ups, then wandered further up to the Hunt & Gather markets at Pacific Park where it just so happened a Port Macquarie talent, James Bennett, was providing entertainment on his guitar. The weather was perfect, the music relaxed and enjoyable, and the place was set up so well - buntings hung from the overhanding fig trees and there were rugs and pillows thrown up the embankment of the park for passers by to settle down on and finish off lunch and have a Saturday siesta. It was one of those days where every step felt new - an adventure. 

We sat after the markets out the front on the corner outside Estabar with the wind whipping mildly at our dresses and blowing our bangs across our foreheads. The breeze took us back towards Bec's where we had an afternoon dip in the pool and bathed in the sunlight before Jake and I headed over to buy fruit for a meeeeeean fruit salad, which was then followed by homemade pizzas and hooking the large screen television up to my Mac and entertaining ourselves with Miranda Sings videos. 

How little our joy requires - the simplicity of a walk through an empty windy cityscape; buying a cupcake for your hungover housemate; sharing food and stories; listening to music outside; taking naps out on the grass. Fueling your days with a sense of serendipity and frivolity. Whatever the adventure or activity, I am constantly blessed with the abounding sense of happiness I get from it.

Popular Posts

Image

Southbound