Paris Sous Le Pluie

Each and every second of being here, I fall deeper and deeper in love with this place. Even as the weather suddenly dives deep into the absence of warmth with celsius barely reaching above the zero mark, I am smitten, enchanted, in awe.

Well my closet hasn't quite kept up to date with this change - I am trying to put off the puffiness of those garbage sack coats and ear muffs for as long as I possibly can, and it isn't just in the name of fashion. It's mostly because being an Aussie, the last thing I like to do is layer clothing and cover up. I want my skin to breathe and to feel the air and to not be burdened by the heaviness of coats and tights and the sense of touch diminished by mittens and gloves.
But on Thursday, Coral and I noted the 3 degrees celsius maximum foreshadowing the change in our original plans for the day, and decided instead to go shopping for the winter necessities - beanies, gloves, scarves, socks, thermals, jumpers - whatever would stop the cold from sneaking its way through and turning our skin numb red. We opted for the op shops and vintage stores around Le Marais - sure they have some real hefty price tags on some items, but you can get some steals, (especially at KiloShop) if you're careful. We both bought a leather skirt, I got a nice colourful plaid blouse and a scarf, and coral found a silk shirt and we both wandered in and out of different stores dancing and bopping to the quirky music of each establishment. 

I have really enjoyed hanging out with the girls here. Back home I've always been such a boy's girl and it's nice to have one on one time with the lovely ladies on this Parisian adventure with me. Sometime just being a chick is what you need when you're in a funk or away from normality.

Popular Posts

Image

Southbound