Le Père Lachaise & les autres du 19eme arrondissement.

My second day in Paris (when I actually remembered my SD card) started with a slippery slide down the ice covered streets in Belleville and Menilmontant over to Le Cimetière du Pere Lachaise. Le Pere Lachaise was closed due to the snow so I continued to walk around the back streets after some canard avec des pommes for lunch and the most wonderful hot chocolate I have probably ever had to warm me up. 

It was lovely to see the Parisians in their element without the tourists about the place. The city is a bit quiet because of the snow - their cars are still parked with snow covering every inch along the endless winding sidewalks and when you pass someone they whisper kindly from beneath their hooded coats "salut" or "merci" or "il fait froid, non ?". I am not used to a place where everyone treats each other like they know each other. Especially not a city. 

I hate being a tourist here because when I walk around I feel like I need something more permanent. But it will happen, I know it.






Popular Posts

Image

Southbound