On the back of scrap paper, these words lay scrawled and bare.

 there's so much that 
constantly churns
inside my head
without ceasing.
and then I learn of
the One who loves 
me. without ceasing.
I learn of Him. but
it takes time to 
trust Him. how much
He exercises the most
patience toward me.
how much He lovingly
waits. lovingly sits
and waits - for me to
even begin to catch up
to, and comprehend.
comprehend His love.
comprehend His all. 
His all that He gave
freely. limitelessly.
unyieldingly. He
exudes goodness.
for He is goodness.
daily I have moments.
moments of ohhh! You
ARE good! moments
of a big fat yes!
moments of thankfulness. moments of confusion and uncertainty met with the simplest hope. hope actually doesn't need to look like much, I realise. hope only needs a look upwards. and perhaps, just perhaps, it is not even that. perhaps it is the internal look up as my head, burdened with the weight of doubt, remains down. but oh, the power - the power of hope.
if hope is all I have,
it's enough. hope in
God - it's enough.
hope that He is, really
and truly, the author
and finisher of faith.
my faith. the faith 
of the seemingly faithless.
faith of the brokenhearted.
faith of the empty.
faith of the condemned.
his faith has faith in
my faith and that is 
enough faith to expel
all faithlessness that has
previously dwelled within.
by faith we are healed.
His faith is what strengthens
my own. my heart just 
cannot conceive it.
what matchless love! why?
why. here's why: love.
it cannot do anything
but be in its fullness.
it either is, or it isn't.
darkness expelled by 
light. love and its 
absence do not cohabit.
and what's more. He is the God who sees me. El roi. He sees me in that darkness. enters into it. dwells in it. in His presence light and love surround me. I can't escape them. and in the innermost of my being, far beyond the brokeness. the comfort and familiarity found in unhealthy attachment. 
at the bottom. 
the rock bottom.
is the Rock.

Popular Posts